Sunday, April 1, 2012

portland, maine and a sloe gin fizz, if that ain't love than tell me what is...

So, the song is Portland, Oregon and I have never had a sloe gin fizz but I think I could be in love. Some more touring tomorrow and a trip to the law school should tell me more. Today has been a long day. We left Buffalo this morning and drove across New York. New York was long...very long. $16 worth of toll roads long. But we eventually came to Massachusetts. 


And Jenny and I switched to the front of the car to give the parents a break.

New Hampshire...

And finally, Maine...

Crappy picture but they have "Moose Crossing" warnings. :)

And we finally made it to our hotel. The Regency was originally built for the Maine National Guard in 1895 for $20,000. It was converted to a hotel in 1984 and officially opened in 1987. 

After getting our room, we set out to find dinner.

And walk around town for a bit.

Before finally going to Gritty McDuff's.

Can't tell from the picture but this was one amazing rosemary chicken sandwich.

Family picture! (Mom made me crop her out.)

After dinner, we walked back to the hotel, jumped in the car, and drove to Cape Elizabeth and the Portland Head Light.

I just love lighthouses.

Some of the coast around the lighthouse.

We drove around some more and then came back to the hotel for some good sleep. Tomorrow should be a mostly relaxing day; we're staying in Portland except for the necessary road trip to Kennebunkport. I also tour the law school in the morning, probably after a good breakfast from Becky's Diner. Should be lots of pictures tomorrow. Until then...